Kewlus Cobra Bag: Key Features and Components
Guys, this is it! World's first modular cobra bag that is part of an evolving modular training system for boxing and MMA.
- Simple click-and-go system. Everything just clicks together. All the components have been designed in 3D and are made from the highest quality materials like fibre composites for strength, aluminium for light weight and rust resistance and the highest quality steel for durability.
- Hot-swappable components. Swap to a different size bag mid-session, click-click, change the dynamics of the bag and work at a different pace.
- Fully compatible with DIY (Do It Yourself) components like common PVC and galvanised pipes. You can modify, customise and enhance to suit your specific needs. Save money too!
- Everything is adjustable, including height, reach and speed.
- Multi-purpose and future-proof components. I have designed the key components so they can be used in many different ways. For example, the ClickBar can hold a bag at each end for combat training. It will also be used to extend the height of the mast for future add-ons like the Kewlus Spar Bar.
Top Section Components:
- Kewlus Leather Cobra Bag/Ball - this is the perfect size bag/ball that I had the manufacturer modify for optimum performance using genuine leather. The weight of this ball has been minimised while maintaining structural integrity.
- Kewlus PRO (KS2) Spring - designed to offer the perfect weight-to-speed ratio for both DIY top section components (like using a rubber ball, funnel and PVC pipe) and Kewlus genuine components. I have designed this spring to work with common plumbing pipes, so that you can make your own PRO cobra punching bag at just a fraction of the cost of similar commercial bags.
- Kewlus Speedball Adapter - this adapter has been designed to fit perfectly inside of the Kewlus Speedball. The top of the adapter, the part that sits inside the ball is flexible so that it does not crack when striking. I designed this adapter so that you will have the ability to adjust the length of the top section. Increase length to get longer reach and reduce length to get faster action.
- Kewlus Click Bar - the Click Bar is an aluminium bar with heavy duty double spring buttons at both ends. One end simply clicks into the Speedball Adapter, the other into one of the Spring Caps. With the Click Bar you can change components with just a click. The Core Kit will contain a set of 2 identical Click Bars - one for the top section and one for the mast.
- Kewlus Spring Caps - these rubber caps come in a set of 2 and have been designed to screw onto each end of the spring for easy mounting of the spring. With these on your spring you'll be able to simply click your spring onto your mast (Click Bar) and click the top section (also Click Bar) into the top of the spring.
- Kewlus Click Bar - the Click Bar is also used in the base. One end clicks into the bottom of the spring, while the other end clicks into the Click Mast.
- Kewlus Click Mast - this is an aluminium shaft with holes at regular intervals and a spring button at one end. It's designed to simply click into the Kewlus Multi Base. The Click Mast and the Click Bar make for the perfect click-and-go height adjustment system.
- Kewlus Multi Base - The Multi Base is made from a composite fibre material and in conjunction with the Click Mast makes for a super rigid base setup.
- Double Suction Cups - these are great if you want to setup your cobra bag on large tiles, laminated flooring or even a laminated board which can be placed on carpet and weighed down with sand bags.
- Base Stabilisers (coming soon) - set of 4 fibre composite stabiliser paddles or feet designed to simply plug into the Multi Base for easy setup of your cobra bag on any surface, especially on carpet. Simply place a pair of sand bags over the stabilisers to hold down the base. These stabilisers eliminate the need for a base board.
- Sand Bags - a set of 2 sand bags with handles. When filled with sand the combined weight is around 80-100 pounds.
My aim is to keep the prices of the components as low as possible while covering my costs of production and warehousing. You will also be able to replace most of the components with off-the-shelf DIY components like galvanised and PVC pipes to save money. I want everyone to be able to afford to have a Kewlus Cobra Bag.
Get My Regular Updates, Upgrades & DIY Tips
I'll keep everyone updated on my YouTube channel, so make sure to stay tuned by subscribing on the Reedy Kewlus YouTube channel.